This is a simple alternative to the aromatic Chicken Spinach Curry recipe. Spinch adds a great dimension to curry, both for flavour and appearance. The key is not to cook it for too long. This recipe builds on my basic Chicken Curry
Cooking Time – approx 30 minutes
- 3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 medium Onions, chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds, roasted & ground
- 4 tsp Coriander Seeds roasted & ground
- 400g Chicken Breast, diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- 3/4 tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tomatoes, diced
- 125ml Water
- 150g Spinach Leaves, stalks removed
- Handful of Coriander Leaves, chopped
- Fry the onions in the oil until half-cooked – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook for another minute before adding the coriander, cumin. Cook for another couple of minutes
- Add chicken and turn the heat up – fry hard for a couple of minutes and reduce the heat.
- Add tomatoes, salt, chilli, turmeric and stir well. Cook for a few minutes before adding the water.
- Cover and cook gently for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the onions have broken down into the sauce
- Stir in spinach and coriander leaves, allow the spinach to wilt (about 1 minute) and serve