Normally when I have cauliflower & chicken to use, that’s just the excuse I need for either a Goan Gobi or Murgh Gobi (I must write those up on the blog…), but today I fancied something a little more subtle. Yes, I know, not a word that often crops up in my vocabulary but nonetheless, I was struck with the need for an alternative. What’s more, Masterchef is back, so I was inspired to do something a it more cheffy than usual. A subtly spiced Cauliflower Puree, on which I served a delicious Chicken & Vegetable pie (I’ll save that recioe for another day also…). This quantity served 2 very generous helpings with some left over – if you wanted to take the cheffyness to extremes, I’m sure it would serve 8 as a vegeatable!
Cooking Time – approx 15 minutes
- 1/2 a large (or 1 small) Cauliflower, broken into florets
- Vegetable stock (or salted water)
- 1 oz Butter
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 fl oz Cream
- Salt Pepper to taste
- Bring the stock or salted water up to the boil and add the cauliflower. Boil gently until the cauliflower is tender (about 5-10 minutes, depending on size)
- Drain off the liquid (save this to use as a veg stock in something else!) and transfer the cauliflower to a food processor
- Add the butter and garam masala and start to blitz
- Add the cream and process until smooth
- Season with salt & pepper to taste
How easy is that???