Serve with a green salad and a sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Can be frozen before frying.
Cooking Time – approx 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Chilli, deseeded & chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 red Onion, finely chopped
- 500g Sweet Potato, cubed, boiled & mashed
- 2 tins Tuna, drained (total – approx 250g drained weight)
- Fresh Basil, shredded
- Salt & Pepper
- 25g Butter
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and gently fry the garlic, chilli an red onion for 2-3 minutes. Tip into a bown and set the pan aside.
- Add the tuna , sweet potato and basil to the bowl and mix well. Season well with salt & pepper.
- Take a rounded tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball in your hands. Flatten into a ‘cake’ and roll in the polenta to coat. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Take the frying pan and melt the butter. Fry the fishcakes for a couple of minutes on each side until golden.