An excellent way to use up some pre-cooked rice. If you are cooking fresh rice for this dish, rinse under cold running water when cooked to cool and destarchify the grains.
Use one or two medium eggs, depending on personal preference. This works well with Chinese and Thai food. With Thai, replace the soy with a little Fish Sauce.
Cooking Time – approx 10 minutes
- Cooked Rice – enough for 2-3 people, rinsed in cold water
- a little Vegetable Oil
- 2 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 1-2 Eggs
- a little Light Soy Sauce to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the onions for a couple of minutes on a high heat
- Add the garlic & chilli. Continue to fry until onions start to brown
- Season with salt & pepper, and break the egg(s) into the pan. Stir well to break up the mixture
- As the eggs start to brown, stir in the rice. Heat through for a few minutes until hot.
- Adjust seasoning with a little light soy sauce.