One of my favourite Cajun recipes, and surprisingly straightforward. I find that this recipe appeals to a wide range of people, and makes a regular appearance when I have guests to entertain with something that can be prepared in advanced and left. This dish has the most amazing aroma which fills the house, and is so successful due to the use of the McIlhenry’s Chipotle sauce.
Cooking Time – approx 45 minutes
- 4oz Chorizo Sausage, diced
- 2 * Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Green Chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 sticks Celery, chopped
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pt Basmati Rice
- 1 pt Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Chipotle Sauce
- 3 Tomatoes, skined and diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Parsley and Spring Onions, chopped for garnish
- Gently fry off the chorizo in a dry frying pan to release the oil, but do not brown
- Turn up the heat and add the chicken and stir into the oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the onions, stir well and leave for a couple of minutes before adding the garlic, chilli, celery and pepper. Stir well and cook for 5 minutes
- Stir in the rice and coat well with the oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the stock, tabasco, tomatoes and bay leaf. Stir well and cover
- Cook on a gentle heat for 20 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Stir in the parsley and spring onions, adjust the seasoning as necessary and serve.